Last Update :
This course helps you defend your rights and prepare your case as a lawyer or aspiring lawyer by guiding you through the Consumer Protection Act. This course has been carefully developed to strike a healthy balance between theory and practice, allowing learners to apply the law to facts by comprehending not only the legal requirements but also the method followed by consumer courts across the country.
- 1.1 Introduction to Consumer Protection Act, 2019 00:00:00
- Objects of the Act 00:00:00
- Important Definition 00:00:00
- Consumer Dispute Resolution Forums- Jurisdiction and Scope 00:00:00
- Authorities under Consumer Protection Act 00:00:00
- Jurisdiction and Limitations 00:00:00
- Remedies 00:00:00
- Interim Relief/ Stay Order/ Injunction Order 00:00:00
- Ex Parte Order 00:00:00
- Relief 00:00:00
- Filing of Complaint/ Compensation Petition 00:00:00
- Procedure for Filing of Complaint 00:00:00
- Receipt of Complaint what’s next? 00:00:00
- How to Lead Evidence 00:00:00
- Consumer Mediation Cells 00:00:00
- Offences under the Act 00:00:00
- Measures to prevent unfair trade practices in e-commerce, direct selling, etc. 00:00:00
About This Course
- Whether you are a new student starting your career in law or are a lawyer, this course is designed for everyone to give a simplified understanding of the entire subject and its legal mechanism.
- The subject has received tremendous importance among the contemporary legal fraternity in India. The objective of this course is to provide an in-depth understanding of the Consumer Movement in India and its different phases. This course has been designed to adhere to the needs of the students worldwide by providing a smooth and basic conceptual understanding of the Consumer Protection Act with the help of case laws and exhaustive subject material and course durations. The course will provide you with the necessary skills to comprehend the mechanism for applying consumer laws in India and to interpret the law to facts.
- The entire course is structured into five modules, each of which covers every facet of consumer law in depth.